SPOILER ALERT!

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2)

A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin

A Clash of Kings

By G.R.R.Martin

A Clash of Kings is A song of ice and fire Book #2

my favorite indeed !

the main events

disorder overwhelm the Seven Kingdoms. five kings in Westeros fighting for the irone throne . King Joffery of House Baratheon and Lannister, King Robert Stark of the North, King Stannis and King Renly both brothers of Robert Baratheon and King Balon Greyjoy of the Iron islands.

the rise of Daenerys Targaryan and her three dragons.

Rob stark swore to avenge his father's death marches south, winning and defeating every army who dares face him.

while Renly’s stays in the East.

King Stannis was questioning the validity of Joffery’s rule over the Iron Throne.

Stannis meets Renly at Storms End,and demands him to surrender, claiming that the throne is his by right of law. Renly ignores Stannis’ request, but soon comes to regret it, as he meets a mysterious death by magic.
With Renly dead, Stannis takes over his power and heads out for King’s Landing, and there happens the Battle on the Blackwater.
the Lannisters win with help of The Tyrells who were allied with Renly and joined the Lannisters after his death in the battle against Stannis.

Meanwhile, the armies of the North continue along their victorious path.

Favorite quotes

“I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.”

“Valar Morghulis.”

“A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.”

“I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.”